NeuroMeditation Institute Informed Consent Agreement
Please read the following information. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us.
Sound Meditation is intended as a personal growth experience and should not be looked upon as a substitute for medical or mental health care. Sound Meditation can involve strong emotional and physical releases. This practice may not be appropriate for people suffering from severe hypertension, severe mental illness, recent traumatic brain injury, or epilepsy.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS
I certify that I do not have any of the above medical or mental health contraindications and can safely participate in a Sound Meditation event.
I understand that Sound Meditation practice is intended as a personal growth experience and should not be used as a substitute for psychotherapy or medical treatment.
I understand that Sound Meditation could involve dramatic experiences accompanied by strong emotional and physical release.
NeuroMeditation Institute Event Participant Contract Release, Waiver, and Indemnity of Liability Agreement
This form must be completed for each event attended.
This agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into by Participant and NeuroMeditation Institute LLC, its officers, agents, principals, employees, and volunteers (hereinafter collectively referred to as “NMI”). In consideration of being admitted and permitted to participate in the activities I hereby agree as follows:
1. This Agreement is made and entered into under the laws of the State of Oregon and the United States and shall be interpreted, governed and enforced under and pursuant to these laws.
2. Participant agrees that should an action be brought against NMI for any reason whether to enforce the terms of this agreement or on some other basis, that all disputes between Participant and NMI will be litigated in Benton County, Oregon and Participant waives any rights he/she may have in litigating in any other jurisdiction.
3. Participant has reviewed the medical contraindications outlined above and certifies that they do not have any medical or physical conditions which would impair or affect their ability to engage in any activities or which would cause any risk of harm to Participant, other participants and/or NMI or otherwise endanger Participant’s health while attending an event. Participant further agrees that it is Participant’s responsibility to maintain the accuracy and contemporaneousness of all relevant medical information. NMI will assume that Participant’s medical statement is correct until Participant files an updated statement or has corrected the information. The medical information is fully incorporated by reference within this agreement.
4. Participant is aware that certain activities they may engage in during the event are physically, emotionally and mentally stressful. Participant agrees to assume full responsibility for their own physical, emotional and mental health and hold harmless NMI from any physical, emotional and/or mental damage that may be attributed to this event. Participant further holds harmless NMI from any and all loss, liability, injury, damage or cost which may arise out of or in connection with participation in the event.
5. Participant understands and agrees that they are attending the event at the discretion of NMI and can be dismissed from the event at any time without being informed of the reason for dismissal.
6. Participant waives, releases and discharges any and all claims, rights and/or causes of action which they now have or which may arise out of or in connection with participation in the event as well as which may arise out of or in connection with Participant’s attendance and/or participation in the activities associated with the event. Therefore, under no circumstance will Participant prosecute or present any claim for personal injury, property damage or any other cause of action against NMI.
7. This agreement is binding on Participant’s heirs, assignees, dependents, personal representatives and estate.
8. No oral representations, statements or inducements have been made to Participant to cause them to enter into this agreement.
9. At the choosing of NMI any claim or controversy that arises out of or relates to this agreement, or the breach of it, may be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Such arbitration shall be binding upon the parties and Judgment upon the award rendered may be entered in any court with jurisdiction.
10. Should NMI be successful in bringing an action to enforce the terms hereof or successful in defending itself from a suit brought by Participant, NMI shall recover all costs and expenses incurred in such action, inc. reasonable attorneys’ fees.
11. Should any provision of this Agreement be held invalid or illegal, such illegality shall not invalidate the remainder of this Agreement. In that event, this Agreement shall be construed as if it did not contain the invalid or illegal part, and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be construed and enforced accordingly.
I have read this agreement and understand it contains release of all claims language for injuries and damages. I voluntarily check the box evidencing acceptance of the provisions of this agreement. If English is not my native language I have either studied enough English to be able to read and understand this agreement, or I have had this agreement explained to me in my native language.